From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:46, 26 August 2013 by SamSteiner (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Milltown Hutterite Colony was founded in 1918 in Elie, Manitoba, as a relocation of the Milltown, South Dakota colony. 

Daughter colonies of Milltown Hutterite Colony include: Blumengart Hutterite Colony (Plum Coulee, Manitoba); Glenway Hutterite Colony (Dominion City, Manitoba); Millerdale Hutterite Colony (Miller, South Dakota); Norquay Hutterite Colony (Oakville, Manitoba); and Sunnyside Hutterite Colony (Newton Siding, Manitoba).

In 2012 the colony was a member of the Schmiedeleut Group 2. The minister of the colony was Dave Waldner and the manager of the colony was Joe Kleinsasser.

Additional Information

Location: Elie, Manitoba (coordinates: 49.960441, -97.737979 [49° 57′ 37″ N, 97° 44′ 16″ W]); located 39.7 kilometers (24.7 miles) east of Portage la Prairie and 43.2 km. (26.8 miles) north-west of Winnipeg.

Mailing Address: Box 250, Elie, Manitoba R0H OHO

Telephone: 204-353-4111

Maps

Map:Milltown Hutterite Colony, Elie, Manitoba


Author(s) Bert Friesen
Date Published February 2013


Cite This Article

MLA style

Friesen, Bert. "Milltown Hutterite Colony (Elie, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2013. Web. 29 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milltown_Hutterite_Colony_(Elie,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=100505.

APA style

Friesen, Bert. (February 2013). Milltown Hutterite Colony (Elie, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milltown_Hutterite_Colony_(Elie,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=100505.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.