Millerovo, a town in the Don area of Russia, where in the beginning of the 20th century some Mennonite industrialists, businessmen, and farmers settled. A few large mills and factories employed several hundred workers. In 1926 there were 231 Mennonites living in Millerovo and vicinity. Since the early days Millerovo had a Mennonite Brethren church. Wilhelm Dyck was chosen leader of the group in 1910. In the yearbook of 1913 J. J. Nickel was listed as deacon. In 1927 J. Pätkau, the minister of the church, reported on a harvest festival which was conducted in the Mennonite Brethren church in Millerovo at which a collection was raised for home missions. There was also a small group at Millerovo belonging to the Mennonite Church.
Friesen, Peter M. Die Alt-Evangelische Mennonitische Brüderschaft in Russland (1789-1910) im Rahmen der mennonitischen Gesamtgeschichte. Halbstadt: Verlagsgesellschaft "Raduga", 1911: 464.
Friesen, Peter M. The Mennonite Brotherhood in Russia (1789-1910), trans. J. B. Toews and others. Fresno, CA: Board of Christian Literature [M.B.], 1978, rev. ed. 1980.
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III: 137 f.
Der praktische Landwirt, (1925): No. 5, p. 2.
Unser Blatt 3 (1927): 75.
|Author(s)||A. J. Kroeker|
Cite This Article
Kroeker, A. J. and Cornelius Krahn. "Millerovo (Rostov Oblast, Russia)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 28 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Millerovo_(Rostov_Oblast,_Russia)&oldid=111474.
Kroeker, A. J. and Cornelius Krahn. (1957). Millerovo (Rostov Oblast, Russia). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Millerovo_(Rostov_Oblast,_Russia)&oldid=111474.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.