From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:06, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
Miller Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), now extinct, was located on the North Fork in Union Magisterial District, Pendleton County, West Virginia, two miles below (north) the mouth of the Seneca. Samuel and Sara Miller gave the land here for a church which was to be used by "all orthodox denominations." This was the first church built in West Virginia under the auspices of the Mennonites of the Middle District of the Virginia Conference. The Brethren Church became active in the area and the Mennonites lost out. There was more promising work elsewhere in the West Virginia field for the Mennonites. The church was moved to Roaring Creek in 1913. 



Author(s) Harry A Brunk
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Brunk, Harry A. "Miller Mennonite Church (Pendleton County, West Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Miller_Mennonite_Church_(Pendleton_County,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=58900.

APA style

Brunk, Harry A. (1957). Miller Mennonite Church (Pendleton County, West Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Miller_Mennonite_Church_(Pendleton_County,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=58900.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 693. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.