From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:57, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Milford Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in Milford, Seward County, Nebraska, a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference (now Central Plains Mennonite Conference), was organized on 19 November 1925, with 81 charter members, under the leadership of L. O. Schlegel, bishop, and William Schlegel, minister, as a schism from the East Fairview Mennonite Church. After a period of attempted affiliation with the General Conference Mennonite Church the congregation returned and was received as a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Conference on 8 August 1938. The first meetinghouse, a frame structure, was erected in 1926, modernized and enlarged to a seating capacity of 400 in 1953. The 1956 membership was 205 with L. O. Schlegel as bishop and W. A. Eicher and Milton Troyer as ministers. On 3 June 1956 Milton Troyer was ordained bishop and L. O. Schlegel resigned from active service. In 2005 there were 145 members; Lewis W. Miller served as the pastor.


Author(s) L. O Schlegel
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Schlegel, L. O. "Milford Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 2 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milford_Mennonite_Church_(Milford,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=89962.

APA style

Schlegel, L. O. (1957). Milford Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milford_Mennonite_Church_(Milford,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=89962.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 688. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.