Milford Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in Milford, Seward County, Nebraska, a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference (now Central Plains Mennonite Conference), was organized on 19 November 1925, with 81 charter members, under the leadership of L. O. Schlegel, bishop, and William Schlegel, minister, as a schism from the East Fairview Mennonite Church. After a period of attempted affiliation with the General Conference Mennonite Church the congregation returned and was received as a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Conference on 8 August 1938. The first meetinghouse, a frame structure, was erected in 1926, modernized and enlarged to a seating capacity of 400 in 1953.
The 1956 membership was 205 with L. O. Schlegel as bishop and W. A. Eicher and Milton Troyer as ministers. On 3 June 1956 Milton Troyer was ordained bishop and L. O. Schlegel resigned from active service.
In 2005 there were 145 members; Lewis W. Miller served as the pastor.
 Additional Information
Address: PO Box EE, Milford, NE 68405-0636
Location: 920 3rd Street, Milford, Nebraska
|Author(s)||L. O Schlegel|
 Cite This Article
Schlegel, L. O. "Milford Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 26 Jun 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milford_Mennonite_Church_(Milford,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=116868.
Schlegel, L. O. (1957). Milford Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 June 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milford_Mennonite_Church_(Milford,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=116868.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.