From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Milan Valley Mennonite Church (MC), now extinct, was located near Jet, Alfalfa County, Oklahoma, in the northwestern part of the state. Among the first settlers were Troyers and Zimmermans, who were organized as a congregation in 1895 by S. C. Miller. The first minister was Simon Hetrick. Their meetinghouse was built in 1897. By 1913 the membership had reached 55. It is last listed in the 1940 Mennonite Yearbook with 11 members and Simon Hershberger as minister.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Milan Valley Mennonite Church (Jet, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milan_Valley_Mennonite_Church_(Jet,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=83534.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Milan Valley Mennonite Church (Jet, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milan_Valley_Mennonite_Church_(Jet,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=83534.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1109. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.