From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Messenger of Truth is the official organ of the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite. It began as a monthly 4-page supplement, 8 x 11 in., to the Botschafter der Wahrheit in January 1903. John D. Dueck was acting editor for three years. On 18 February 1906, F. C. Fricke was chosen editor, which office he filled for 36 years. Reuben J. Koehn became the editor 1 January 1943. During the first 54 years of its existence the Messenger of Truth was printed in Hillsboro, Kansas, Ithaca, Michigan, Scottdale, Pennsylvania, and Newton, Kansas. It was printed in 1957 by Herald Publishing Co. of Newton, as a biweekly of 12 pages, 8 x 11 in. The circulation was a little over 3,000 in 1957.


Author(s) P. G Hiebert
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Hiebert, P. G. "Messenger of Truth (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 29 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Messenger_of_Truth_(Periodical)&oldid=123052.

APA style

Hiebert, P. G. (1957). Messenger of Truth (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Messenger_of_Truth_(Periodical)&oldid=123052.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 657-658. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.