From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Mennville Evangelical Mennonite Church, Riverton, Manitoba Source: EMC Website
Mennville Evangelical Mennonite Church in Riverton, Manitoba began services about 1950, and formally organized in 1954. The first building was occupied in 1956. Peter P. Friesen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from rural Manitoba and outreach by the Evangelical Mennonite Conference.

The congregation sponsors Mennville Christian School, grades kindergarten to ten. The district was known as Washow Bay until 1960 when it was changed to Mennville.

The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1970s.

[edit] Bibliography

Loewen, Royden. Blumenort: a Mennonite Community in Transition 1874-1982. Blumenort: Blumenort Mennonite Historical Society, 1983.

Messenger (24 March 1989): 7.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: Box 403, Riverton, MB R0C 2R0

Telephone: 204-378-2985

Denominational Affiliation:

Evangelical Mennonite Conference

Mennville EMC Membership

Year Members
1965 140
1975 160
1985 146
1995 138
2000 155


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published March 2012


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Mennville Evangelical Mennonite Church (Riverton, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2012. Web. 26 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennville_Evangelical_Mennonite_Church_(Riverton,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=92791.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (March 2012). Mennville Evangelical Mennonite Church (Riverton, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennville_Evangelical_Mennonite_Church_(Riverton,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=92791.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.