From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Camp Mennoscah, located on the Ninnescah River one and a half mile southwest of Murdock, Kansas, with a camp site of 160 acres, was acquired in 1948 as the General Conference Western District Young People's recreation grounds. The camp was opened in 1949. By 1954, six cabins had been built in addition to the dining hall and kitchen. The camp was in use throughout the summer, primarily by young people but also by other groups such as Mennonite Men. The first managers and caretakers were Mr. and Mrs. A. Theodore Mueller.

[edit] Bibliography

Habegger, Loris. "Realizing a Dream." Mennonite Life 9 (January 1954): 16-18.


Author(s) Cornelius Krahn
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Krahn, Cornelius. "Mennoscah, Camp (Murdock, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 23 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennoscah,_Camp_(Murdock,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=89843.

APA style

Krahn, Cornelius. (1957). Mennoscah, Camp (Murdock, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennoscah,_Camp_(Murdock,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=89843.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 652. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.