From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:57, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Mennonite Union Aid was an organization serving the members of the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite, throughout North America in times of disaster caused by lightning, fire, and storm. The office was located at Montezuma, Kansas. The organization began to operate on 1 October 1943, and was adopted by the General Conference in November 1946. It functioned in 1957 under the direction of an Executive Board, a Board of Directors, and 41 local committees representing 41 districts in the United States and Canada. Mortgage certificates were recognized by loan companies. In April 1957 the assessed valuation was over $14,000,000, with 1,765 members.


Author(s) Abe J Unruh
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Unruh, Abe J. "Mennonite Union Aid (Church of God in Christ, Mennonite)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 27 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Union_Aid_(Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite)&oldid=89799.

APA style

Unruh, Abe J. (1957). Mennonite Union Aid (Church of God in Christ, Mennonite). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Union_Aid_(Church_of_God_in_Christ,_Mennonite)&oldid=89799.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 639-640. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.