Mennonite Quarterly Review
The Mennonite Quarterly Review is a quarterly journal published by the Mennonite Historical Society, Goshen College, Goshen, Ind. and the Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary, Elkhart, Indiana. Its first issue was dated January 1927. It was preceded by the Goshen College Record Review Supplement (3 numbers in 1926). It has been devoted to scholarly articles on Anabaptist and Mennonite history and theology, but also to contemporary Mennonite issues, with sections on bibliographical and research notes and book reviews. It was the first North American journal of its kind, and its issues remain a rich treasury of historical materials. The founding editor was Harold S. Bender. He served in this capacity until his death in 1962. Subsequent editors have included Guy F. Hershberger, John S. Oyer and John D. Roth. The circulation in 1956 was about 600. In January 2004 paid subscriptions were 870, with total circulation exceeding 1000 copies.
Mennonite Quarterly Review website, including an index of the publication.
|Author(s)||Harold S Bender|
Cite This Article
Bender, Harold S. "Mennonite Quarterly Review." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 Sep 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Quarterly_Review&oldid=58695.
Bender, Harold S. (1956). Mennonite Quarterly Review. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 September 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Quarterly_Review&oldid=58695.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.