Mennonite Land Settlement Board

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Mennonite Land Settlement Board was organized in July 1924 to take over from the Canadian Mennonite Board of Colonization the work of land settlement. It had nine members, three each from the Canadian Mennonite Board of Colonization, the Central Mennonite Immigration Committee, and the Canadian Pacific Railway. Its work was financed by the Canada Colonization Association, a subsidiary of the Canadian Pacific Railway. In 1929 the Board was discontinued and its work taken over by the Canada Colonization Association. The original executive committee was David Toews, chairman, T. O. F. Herzer, and A. A. Friesen.


Author(s) Jacob Gerbrandt
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gerbrandt, Jacob. "Mennonite Land Settlement Board." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 23 Aug 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Land_Settlement_Board&oldid=141830.

APA style

Gerbrandt, Jacob. (1957). Mennonite Land Settlement Board. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 August 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Land_Settlement_Board&oldid=141830.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 630. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.