Mennonite Church of Dillon (Delaven, Illinois, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Mennonite Church of Dillon (Mennonite Church USA) was organized as a separate congregation under the Illinois Mennonite Conference in September 1952, after several years as a branch Sunday school sponsored by the Hopedale Mennonite congregation. Meetings were held in a building owned by the Methodist Episcopal Church in the unincorporated village of Dillon, about five miles (eight km) southwest of Tremont. John V. Troyer was ordained as pastor when the congregation was organized. Membership in 2008 was 55; the pastor at that time was Robert D. Nafziger.

Additional Information

Address:

20549 Peach Street

Delavan, Illinois

Phone:

309-925-3604

Denominational Affiliations:

Illinois Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Author(s) Nelson P Springer
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Springer, Nelson P. "Mennonite Church of Dillon (Delaven, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 21 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Church_of_Dillon_(Delaven,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=83484.

APA style

Springer, Nelson P. (1956). Mennonite Church of Dillon (Delaven, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Church_of_Dillon_(Delaven,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=83484.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 62. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.