From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:56, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Mennonite Church Buildings, Inc., a nonprofit corporation formed in 1956 as a subsidiary of Mennonite Mutual Aid, a standing committee of the Mennonite (MC) General Conference, to take over the assets of Mennonite Educational Buildings, Inc., and to continue its program of aiding in the financing of college buildings with the enlargement of scope to include all types of church buildings, such as meetinghouses and buildings for missions and publishing purposes. The initial officers were Abram Hallman (Akron, Pennsylvania) president, H. Ernest Bennett (Elkhart) vice-president, Harold L. Swartzendruber (Goshen) secretary-treasurer. Additional members of the board of directors were Melvin Lauver (Akron, Pennsylvania), Joseph Buzzard (Scottdale), William Yoder (Columbiana, Ohio), and Howard Mellinger (Sterling, Illinois).


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Mennonite Church Buildings, Inc.." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 13 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Church_Buildings,_Inc.&oldid=89695.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1957). Mennonite Church Buildings, Inc.. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 13 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite_Church_Buildings,_Inc.&oldid=89695.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 616-617. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.