Jump to: navigation, search

The Association of Mennonite Aid Societies, (AMAS), was organized in July 1956 as a representative organization for counsel, promotion, education, and fellowship, for all Mennonite and Brethren in Christ mutual aid societies of North America, of which 26 have already joined. All member societies have one vote each, and elect a board of seven directors, which was initially composed of the following: Harold L. Swartzendruber (Goshen) chairman, J. Winfield Fretz (North Newton) vice-chairman, Howard Raid (Bluffton) secretary-treasurer, S. S. Wenger (Lancaster), Jacob Wedel (Moundridge), and William T. Snyder (Akron) representing the Mennonite Central Committee. The association met annually in March. The organization was later known as the Associated Mennonite Aid Societies (AMAS)

Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1957

[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Mennonite Aid Societies, Association of." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 Oct 2016.,_Association_of&oldid=92719.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1957). Mennonite Aid Societies, Association of. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 October 2016, from,_Association_of&oldid=92719.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 589. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.