From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Mellinger meetinghouse was a union meetinghouse built by the Lutherans, Reformed, Mennonites (Mennonite Church), and Dunkards in 1861 three quarters of a mile southwest of Schoeneck in northern Lancaster County, PA. The Shirk home east of town was the first Mennonite meeting place in this area. The ministers of the Indiantown Mennonite Church held services here once a month until 1921, and in 1942 relinquished all rights to the building. The services became more frequent in the Hammer Creek-Indiantown district and in 1926 led to the revival of the Cocalico meetinghouse.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Mellinger Meetinghouse (Schoeneck, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 23 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mellinger_Meetinghouse_(Schoeneck,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89608.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Mellinger Meetinghouse (Schoeneck, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mellinger_Meetinghouse_(Schoeneck,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89608.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 567. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.