From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Meckville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), a member of the Lancaster Conference, began as a mission station in the Meckville area, Bethel Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania. After some disappointing experiences in joint work with the Church of the Brethren, and then in a purchased schoolhouse which burned to the ground, the mission board in 1932 built a brick building, 36 x 50 ft., near one of these schools. In 1954 Aaron M. Shank and Cletus Doutrich were serving as ministers with a membership of 65.

The meetinghouse is located on Meckville Rd., Bethel, PA. In 2006 the membership was 72; J. Donald Martin, Sr. was the pastor.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Meckville Mennonite Church (Bethel, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 25 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meckville_Mennonite_Church_(Bethel,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89569.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Meckville Mennonite Church (Bethel, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meckville_Mennonite_Church_(Bethel,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89569.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 549. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.