Meckville Mennonite Church (Bethel, Pennsylvania, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:55, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)

Jump to: navigation, search

Meckville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), a member of the Lancaster Conference, began as a mission station in the Meckville area, Bethel Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania. After some disappointing experiences in joint work with the Church of the Brethren, and then in a purchased schoolhouse which burned to the ground, the mission board in 1932 built a brick building, 36 x 50 ft., near one of these schools. In 1954 Aaron M. Shank and Cletus Doutrich were serving as ministers with a membership of 65.

The meetinghouse is located on Meckville Rd., Bethel, PA. In 2006 the membership was 72; J. Donald Martin, Sr. was the pastor.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Meckville Mennonite Church (Bethel, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 Jul 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meckville_Mennonite_Church_(Bethel,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89569.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Meckville Mennonite Church (Bethel, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 July 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meckville_Mennonite_Church_(Bethel,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89569.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 549. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.