From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:55, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Meadows Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), on U.S. Highway 24 midway between Chenoa and Gridley, was a member of the Central District Conference, was organized in 1891, when a white frame building was constructed three quarters of a mile north of Meadows. In 1908 it moved to its present location in Meadows and remodeled. It was again remodeled, enlarged, and re-dedicated 6 September 1953, with a seating capacity of 300. The membership in 1954 was 248, mostly rural; the minister was L. E. Troyer. Past ministers in 1957 (all deceased): Andrew Veroler, Joseph Kinsinger, Aaron Roszhart, George Gundy.


Author(s) L. E Troyer
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Troyer, L. E. "Meadows Mennonite Church (Chenoa, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 30 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meadows_Mennonite_Church_(Chenoa,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=89559.

APA style

Troyer, L. E. (1957). Meadows Mennonite Church (Chenoa, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meadows_Mennonite_Church_(Chenoa,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=89559.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 547. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.