From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Meade Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church, located eight miles (13 km) south and four miles (6.5 km) east of Meade, Kansas, is a member of the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Conference (now Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches) of the United States and Canada, and was organized on 10 June 1910 with 14 members, by Elder Henry E. Fast of Mountain Lake, Minnesota. The first church, built in 1920, was twice replaced by larger buildings prior to 1957. In 1930 the Nebo congregation united with the Meade congregation. The 1957 membership was 244. The following ministers have served the church prior to 1957: A. M. Doerksen (ordained 1914), Peter F. Friesen, G. T. Thiessen, H. R. Harms, D. J. Ediger, J. E. Wiens, B. A. Wiens, Orlando Wiebe, John N. Wall, H. P.Wiebe, Alvin D. Kleinsasser, and Arnold Wall, who was the pastor in 1957. The Meade Bible Academy was a cooperative project supported jointly by the EMB Church and the Emmanuel Mennonite Church.


Author(s) Henry Steingard
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Steingard, Henry. "Meade Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church (Meade, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 28 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meade_Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Meade,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=89555.

APA style

Steingard, Henry. (1957). Meade Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church (Meade, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meade_Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Meade,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=89555.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 546-547. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.