From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Meade Bible Academy, located 12 miles (20 km) southeast of Meade, Kansas, was operated by the two Mennonite churches in the community ([[Meade Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church (Meade, Kansas, USA) |Evangelical Mennonite Brethren]] and [[Emmanuel Mennonite Church (Meade, Kansas, USA)|Emmanuel]]), was established in 1945 as a 2-year high school and in 1948 became a full 4-year accredited school. It was originally the outgrowth of the Meade Bible School started in 1936 in the EMB church basement, which in turn was preceded by a German Bible School conducted 1927-1930 by missionary G. T. Thiessen. The academy in 1955 had an enrollment of 71, a staff of six, a modern fireproof administration building erected in 1955, two frame classroom buildings, and a large teacherage. The Academy closed in 1966.
+
Meade Bible Academy, located 12 miles (20 km) southeast of Meade, Kansas, was operated by the two Mennonite churches in the community ([[Meade Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church (Meade, Kansas, USA) |Evangelical Mennonite Brethren]] and [[Emmanuel Mennonite Church (Meade, Kansas, USA)|Emmanuel]]), was established in 1945 as a 2-year high school and in 1948 became a full 4-year accredited school. It was originally the outgrowth of the Meade Bible School started in 1936 in the EMB church basement, which in turn was preceded by a German Bible School conducted 1927-1930 by missionary G. T. Thiessen. The academy in 1955 had an enrollment of 71, a staff of six, a modern fireproof administration building erected in 1955, two frame classroom buildings, and a large teacherage. The Academy closed in 1966.
 
+
 
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 546|date=1957|a1_last=Ewert|a1_first=John L|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 546|date=1957|a1_last=Ewert|a1_first=John L|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 19:55, 20 August 2013

Meade Bible Academy, located 12 miles (20 km) southeast of Meade, Kansas, was operated by the two Mennonite churches in the community (Evangelical Mennonite Brethren and Emmanuel), was established in 1945 as a 2-year high school and in 1948 became a full 4-year accredited school. It was originally the outgrowth of the Meade Bible School started in 1936 in the EMB church basement, which in turn was preceded by a German Bible School conducted 1927-1930 by missionary G. T. Thiessen. The academy in 1955 had an enrollment of 71, a staff of six, a modern fireproof administration building erected in 1955, two frame classroom buildings, and a large teacherage. The Academy closed in 1966.


Author(s) John L Ewert
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Ewert, John L. "Meade Bible Academy (Meade, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 30 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meade_Bible_Academy_(Meade,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=89553.

APA style

Ewert, John L. (1957). Meade Bible Academy (Meade, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Meade_Bible_Academy_(Meade,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=89553.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 546. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.