From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

McDowell Lake Mennonite Church began services and formally organized in 1959. The first building was occupied in 1959. The congregation originated through outreach by Northern Light Gospel Mission. In 1965 there were 21 members; in 1975 16; in 1985 12. The congregation dissolved about 1990. It had been affiliated with the Northern Light Gospel Mission since 1959. The language of worship was Ojibway and English.

[edit] Bibliography

Horst, Mary. A Brief History of Northern Light Gospel Mission. Northern Light Gospel Mission, 1977, 15 pp.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "McDowell Lake Mennonite Church (Red Lake, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 23 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=McDowell_Lake_Mennonite_Church_(Red_Lake,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=89540.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). McDowell Lake Mennonite Church (Red Lake, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=McDowell_Lake_Mennonite_Church_(Red_Lake,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=89540.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.