From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Maxmill Hutterite Bruderhof near Scotland, Hutchinson County, South Dakota, was founded in 1900. Joseph Wipf, who had been chosen preacher in the Bon Homme Bruderhof in 1891, moved with 17 families to Maxmill and settled the colony there. Wipf was born in Russia, and died in 1917. Samuel Hofer was chosen preacher in 1911. In 1918 the Bruderhof sold its property and settled the Maxwell Bruderhof near Pigeon Lake, Manitoba. In 1947 the New Elm Springs Bruderhof bought this site and rebuilt it.


Author(s) David Decker
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David. "Maxmill Hutterite Colony (Scotland, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 16 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maxmill_Hutterite_Colony_(Scotland,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=92665.

APA style

Decker, David. (1957). Maxmill Hutterite Colony (Scotland, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maxmill_Hutterite_Colony_(Scotland,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=92665.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 544-545. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.