Revision as of 14:09, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Maxmill Hutterite Bruderhof near Scotland, Hutchinson County, South Dakota, was founded in 1900. Joseph Wipf, who had been chosen preacher in the Bon Homme Bruderhof in 1891, moved with 17 families to Maxmill and settled the colony there. Wipf was born in Russia, and died in 1917. Samuel Hofer was chosen preacher in 1911. In 1918 the Bruderhof sold its property and settled the Maxwell Bruderhof near Pigeon Lake, Manitoba. In 1947 the New Elm Springs Bruderhof bought this site and rebuilt it.

Author(s) David Decker
Date Published 1957

Cite This Article

MLA style

Decker, David. "Maxmill Hutterite Colony (Scotland, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 4 Oct 2015.,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=92665.

APA style

Decker, David. (1957). Maxmill Hutterite Colony (Scotland, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 4 October 2015, from,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=92665.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 544-545. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.

©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.