From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Mauthausen in Upper Austria, an important station for the Anabaptists going from Tyrol to Moravia. A decree issued by Ferdinand in Vienna on 18 March 1534 to the council of Mauthausen contained strict orders not to permit the Anabaptists to pass either by land or on the Danube, but to drive them away at once. Wolfgang Brandhuber preached at Mauthausen about 1527-1529 and may have established a congregation here.

[edit] Bibliography

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 61 f.

Loesche, Georg. Jahrbuch der Gesellschaft für die Geschichte des Protestantismus im ehemaligen und im neuen Österreich. 40 f., 179.

Mauthausen, Marhtarchiv 9.


Author(s) Johann Loserth
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Loserth, Johann. "Mauthausen (Oberösterreich, Austria)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 Nov 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mauthausen_(Ober%C3%B6sterreich,_Austria)&oldid=111069.

APA style

Loserth, Johann. (1957). Mauthausen (Oberösterreich, Austria). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 November 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mauthausen_(Ober%C3%B6sterreich,_Austria)&oldid=111069.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 544. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.