Matheson Island Mennonite Chapel (Riverton, Manitoba, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Riverton, MB, R0C 2R0. (204) 378-2930. Located on Matheson Island. Neill and Edith Von Gunten served in 2001 as congregational leaders. The congregation has been affiliated with, but not a member of, the Conference of Mennonites in Canada. The language of worship is English.

The congregation began services in 1947. The first building was occupied in 1949. The congregation originated through outreach by the Native Ministries program of the Conference of Mennonites in Canada.

The log chapel was renovated in 1987. The congregational leaders are salaried by CMC Native Ministries.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published February 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Matheson Island Mennonite Chapel (Riverton, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 24 Jan 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Matheson_Island_Mennonite_Chapel_(Riverton,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=89482.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (February 1989). Matheson Island Mennonite Chapel (Riverton, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 January 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Matheson_Island_Mennonite_Chapel_(Riverton,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=89482.




©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.