From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:09, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Mather, MB, R0K 1L0. (204) 529-2074. Minister Norman Friesen served in 1980 as a salaried congregational leader. In 1965 there were 91 members; in 1975, 89. The congregation dissolved in 1981. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Manitoba, Conference of Mennonites in Canada and the General Conference Mennonite Church. The language of worship was English.

The congregation began services and formally organized in 1958. The first building was occupied in 1958. The congregation originated through colonization from the Boissevain, Manitoba area.

The group was part of the Whitewater church group. The congregation rebuilt the old meetinghouse of the Crystal City Mennonite Church.

After its dissolution in 1981 most members joined Trinity Mennonite Fellowship; a few went to Crystal City Mennonite Church.

Bibliography

Mennnonite Encyclopedia, "Whitewater."

Harms, Lena. "History of the Mather Mennonite Church." 1977, 5 pp. Mennonite Heritage Centre archives.

History of the Whitewater Mennonite Church, 1927-1987. 1987: 99; Records at Mennonite Heritage Centre archives.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published February 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Mather Mennonite Church (Mather, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 17 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mather_Mennonite_Church_(Mather,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=92646.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (February 1989). Mather Mennonite Church (Mather, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mather_Mennonite_Church_(Mather,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=92646.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.