From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:55, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Masonville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Manor Township, Lancaster County, PA, is one of the older Lancaster Conference congregations. A meetinghouse was built here in 1760, long known as Bachman's because it was built on land donated by Christian Baughman. In 1893 a new brick meetinghouse was erected on nearby land and the name changed to Masonville. Christian Kauffman (1765-1840) was one of the first bishops in the immediate area. The congregation was a part of the Manor circuit. In 1954 Christian K. Lehman was bishop with Benjamin Miller as preacher. The membership was 162. Slackwater, formerly an outpost of Masonville, became an independent congregation with 26 members in 1954 and Frank K. Garman as pastor. In 2005 Masonville had 99 members, with J. Wilmer Eby and Robert L. Kanagy as pastors.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Living Light Mennonite Church (Washington Boro, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Living_Light_Mennonite_Church_(Washington_Boro,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89469.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). Living Light Mennonite Church (Washington Boro, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Living_Light_Mennonite_Church_(Washington_Boro,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=89469.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 535. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.