Masonville Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Manor Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, is one of the older Lancaster Conference congregations. A meetinghouse was built here in 1760, long known as Bachman's because it was built on land donated by Christian Baughman. In 1893 a new brick meetinghouse was erected on nearby land and the name changed to Masonville. Christian Kauffman (1765-1840) was one of the first bishops in the immediate area. The congregation was a part of the Manor circuit. In 1954 Christian K. Lehman was bishop with Benjamin Miller as preacher. The membership was 162. Slackwater, formerly an outpost of Masonville, became an independent congregation with 26 members in 1954 and Frank K. Garman as pastor. In 2005 Masonville had 99 members, with J. Wilmer Eby and Robert L. Kanagy as pastors.
After 2010 the congregation changed its name to Living Light Mennonite Church.
 Additional Information
Address: 2625 Safe Harbor Rd, Washington Boro, PA 17582
|Author(s)||Ira D Landis|
 Cite This Article
Landis, Ira D. "Living Light Mennonite Church (Washington Boro, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 3 Mar 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Living_Light_Mennonite_Church_(Washington_Boro,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=122866.
Landis, Ira D. (1957). Living Light Mennonite Church (Washington Boro, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 March 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Living_Light_Mennonite_Church_(Washington_Boro,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=122866.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.