Markham Missionary Church (Markham, Ontario, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

5438 Major McKenzie Dr. E., Markham, ON, L3P 3J3. (905) 294-5081. Interim Pastor Bob Holmes served in 2002 as a congregational leader. In 1900 there were 218 members; in 1925, 207; in 1950, 124; in 1975, 100; in 1985, 113; in 1995, 172; in 2000, 231. The congregation has been affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren in Christ (1883), the United Missionary Church (1947), The Missionary Church (1969) and the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada, Canada East District (1993). The language of worship is English.

The congregation was organized in 1876. The congregation originated through division from Markham Mennonite churches that were part of the Mennonite Conference of Ontario. It was also known as the Mount Joy Church.


Author(s) Sidney S. Shantz
Marlene Epp
Date Published December 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Shantz, Sidney S. and Marlene Epp. "Markham Missionary Church (Markham, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1986. Web. 23 Aug 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Markham_Missionary_Church_(Markham,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=89393.

APA style

Shantz, Sidney S. and Marlene Epp. (December 1986). Markham Missionary Church (Markham, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 August 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Markham_Missionary_Church_(Markham,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=89393.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 759. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.