From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Marion Mennonite Brethren Church, organized in 1884 by Elder Jacob Ehrlich as an affiliate of the Ebenfeld Mennonite Brethren Church, was located 1.5 miles (2.5 km) northwest of Marion, Kansas. Ehrlich was succeeded by Johan J. Berg as leader. Its baptized membership remained small. As a result of some strong external influences the church decided to leave the Mennonite Brethren Conference, and affiliated with the German Baptists in 1889.


Author(s) A. E Janzen
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Janzen, A. E. "Marion Mennonite Brethren Church (Marion, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 28 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Marion_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Marion,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=89379.

APA style

Janzen, A. E. (1957). Marion Mennonite Brethren Church (Marion, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Marion_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Marion,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=89379.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 485. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.