From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Maple Lawn Amish Mennonite Church (orginally Burkholder Conservative Amish Mennonite Church) and a member of the Beachy Amish Church is located on County Road 52, two miles (three km) northwest of Nappanee, Elkhart County, Indiana. It was organized on 28 April 1940, with 24 members, under the leadership of David O. Burkholder, who served as the first pastor. The meetinghouse, seating 400, was dedicated on 26 September 1943. The ministers serving the church in 1953 were Bishop David O. Burkholder, Jacob L. Mast, Irvin D. Miller, and Steve Yoder, with a membership of 76. The group came entirely from the Old Order Amish of the community.


Author(s) Davod O Burkholder
Date Published 1953


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Burkholder, Davod O. "Maple Lawn Amish Mennonite Church (Nappanee, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 22 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maple_Lawn_Amish_Mennonite_Church_(Nappanee,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=89552.

APA style

Burkholder, Davod O. (1953). Maple Lawn Amish Mennonite Church (Nappanee, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maple_Lawn_Amish_Mennonite_Church_(Nappanee,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=89552.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 478. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.