From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:08, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

The Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located two miles (three km) south of New Wilmington, Lawrence County, Pennsylvania, was organized about 1850 by a group that had withdrawn from the Old Order Amish Church under the leadership of their first minister and bishop John Kanagy. They built the first meetinghouse (25 x 35 ft.) in 1872, remodeled in 1902 and finally removed; the 1950s-era meetinghouse (36 x 56 ft.) was built in 1930. This rural church, which had a membership of 68 in 1955, belonged to the Ohio and Eastern Conference and was under the leadership of Nathan Nussbaum as pastor, and Roy Kaufman in 1957.


Author(s) Nathan Nussbaum
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Nussbaum, Nathan. "Maple Grove Mennonite Church (New Wilmington, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 30 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maple_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(New_Wilmington,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=92572.

APA style

Nussbaum, Nathan. (1957). Maple Grove Mennonite Church (New Wilmington, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 30 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maple_Grove_Mennonite_Church_(New_Wilmington,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=92572.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 474. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.