From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:54, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

The Maple Grove Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), near Ellicott City, Howard County, Maryland, about 20 miles (33 km) southwest of Baltimore, was a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. The Cottage City, Maryland, congregation had begun contact in this area in 1934. In 1935 and 1937 tent meetings were held, which resulted in 15 converts. A meetinghouse was built soon thereafter. The membership in 1957 was 33, with Walter Shank as pastor and Lloy S. Kniss as bishop. Mount Airy, a former mission point of the Maple Grove church, became an independent congregation in 1957.


Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "First Mennonite Church of Columbia (Ellicott City, Maryland, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 17 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_Columbia_(Ellicott_City,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=89309.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1957). First Mennonite Church of Columbia (Ellicott City, Maryland, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_of_Columbia_(Ellicott_City,_Maryland,_USA)&oldid=89309.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 474. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.