Maple Grove Amish Mennonite Church in Hadley, Pennsylvania, USA, is located 10.7 km (6.6 miles) south-west of Cochranton and 6.4 km (4 miles) east of Sheakleyville.
Maple Grove was established in 1928 by a group of settlers from Stark County, Ohio, led by Minister Phineas V. Yoder. The church was initially a Conservative Amish Mennonite Church but affiliated with the Beachy Amish in 1937. On 13 May 1938 Valentine P. Yoder, son of Phineas V. Yoder, was ordained a minister. Valentine eventually served as bishop, followed by Joseph J. Miller and John E. Miller. The church was built in 1942. In 1959 the congregation had 51 members, with Valentine P. Yoder serving as its bishop.
In 1966 Minister Noah Wengerd led a group from Maple Grove in establishing Pilgrim Fellowship Church in Cochranton.
In 2013 it was an unaffiliated Amish Mennonite congregation. Leadership was provided by Bishop John Drudge, Bishop Enos Wittmer, and Minister Todd E. Beichner.
The Beachy Amish-Mennonites. "Amish-Mennonite Churches in Pennsylvania." Web. 6 December 2013. http://www.beachyam.org/churches/pa.htm.
Mennonite Church Directory 2013. Harrisonburg, VA: Christian Light Publications, Inc., 2013: 127.
Yoder, Elmer S. The Beachy Amish Mennonite Fellowship Churches. Hartville, OH: Diakonia Ministries, 1987: 347-348.
 Additional Information
Address: 845 Milledgeville Road, Hadley, PA
|Richard D. Thiessen|
|Date Published||December 2013|
 Cite This Article
Gingerich, Melvin and Richard D. Thiessen. "Maple Grove Amish Mennonite Church (Hadley, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 2013. Web. 27 Jun 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maple_Grove_Amish_Mennonite_Church_(Hadley,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=121654.
Gingerich, Melvin and Richard D. Thiessen. (December 2013). Maple Grove Amish Mennonite Church (Hadley, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 June 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maple_Grove_Amish_Mennonite_Church_(Hadley,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=121654.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.