From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Manitou, MB. Minister G.G. Neufeld served as the last congregational leader. In 1965 there were 14 members. The congregation dissolved in 1967. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada. The language of worship was German.

The congregation began services in 1925, and formally organized in 1927. The first building was occupied in 1948. Franz F. Enns is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union.

Manitou was part of Whitewater group of congregations. After dissolution the remaining members joined Crystal City Mennonite Church or Morden Mennonite Church.

[edit] Bibliography

Mennonite Encyclopedia, "Whitewater."

Neufeld, G. G. Die Geschichte der Whitewater Mennoniten Gemeinde in Manitoba, Canada, 1925-1965. Altona, MB: D.W. Friesen, 1967, 242 pp.

History of the Whitewater Mennonite Church, 1927-1987. 1987, 99 pp.

Church records at Mennonite Heritage Centre.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Manitou Mennonite Church (Manitou, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 24 Oct 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Manitou_Mennonite_Church_(Manitou,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=92560.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Manitou Mennonite Church (Manitou, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 October 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Manitou_Mennonite_Church_(Manitou,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=92560.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.