From GAMEO
Revision as of 14:08, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
Major County, Oklahoma. U.S. Census TIGER/Line map
Major County, Oklahoma, in the northwestern part of the state, in 1955 was the seat of six Mennonite churches with a total membership of 1,153, as follows: three General Conference Mennonite with 507 members: Saron in Orienta, six miles north of Fairview, New Hopedale in Meno, and West New Hopedale north of Ringwood; one Mennonite Brethren Church in Fairview with 411 members; one Church of God in Christ, Mennonite (Fairview), with 235 members. A small group, called the Penner Church, related to the Church of God in Christ, Mennonite, but independent, worshipped about six miles north of Fairview. Fairview is the county seat. The Oklahoma Bible Academy was located in Meno in the northeast corner of the county.


Author(s) H. U Schmidt
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Schmidt, H. U. "Major County (Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Major_County_(Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=92551.

APA style

Schmidt, H. U. (1957). Major County (Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Major_County_(Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=92551.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 443. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.