From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:54, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Maisbrunn, an estate in the Dachau district of Bavaria, Germany. The former owners of this land had set aside a field to be used as a burying ground, before the Mennonite chapel and cemetery were built at Eichstock. After the Hartmetz and Hirschler families left, the estate passed into the possession of a Catholic, who broke down the cemetery fence and used the gravestones to improve his buildings. The appeals of the previous owner to purchase the cemetery in the name of the Mennonite Church of Eichstock were not recognized, since the congregation was not incorporated and could therefore not acquire property.

Bibliography

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: III, 2.


Author(s) Daniel Müller
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Müller, Daniel. "Maisbrunn (Freistaat Bayern, Germany)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 28 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maisbrunn_(Freistaat_Bayern,_Germany)&oldid=89255.

APA style

Müller, Daniel. (1957). Maisbrunn (Freistaat Bayern, Germany). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 28 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Maisbrunn_(Freistaat_Bayern,_Germany)&oldid=89255.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 443. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.