Maisbrunn (Freistaat Bayern, Germany)

Revision as of 20:00, 22 January 2014 by RichardThiessen (talk | contribs) (Text replace - "<em class="gameo_bibliography">Mennonitisches Lexikon</em>." to "<em class="gameo_bibliography">Mennonitisches Lexikon</em>, 4 vols.")

Jump to: navigation, search

Maisbrunn, an estate in the Dachau district of Bavaria, Germany. The former owners of this land had set aside a field to be used as a burying ground, before the Mennonite chapel and cemetery were built at Eichstock. After the Hartmetz and Hirschler families left, the estate passed into the possession of a Catholic, who broke down the cemetery fence and used the gravestones to improve his buildings. The appeals of the previous owner to purchase the cemetery in the name of the Mennonite Church of Eichstock were not recognized, since the congregation was not incorporated and could therefore not acquire property.


Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: III, 2.

Author(s) Daniel Müller
Date Published 1957

Cite This Article

MLA style

Müller, Daniel. "Maisbrunn (Freistaat Bayern, Germany)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 23 Mar 2018.,_Germany)&oldid=111303.

APA style

Müller, Daniel. (1957). Maisbrunn (Freistaat Bayern, Germany). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 March 2018, from,_Germany)&oldid=111303.


Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 443. All rights reserved.

©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.