MacMillan Hutterite Colony (Cayley, Alberta, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The MacMillan (McMillan) Hutterite Bruderhof near Cayley, Alberta, was founded in 1937 by members of the Big Bend Bruderhof near Wolford, Alberta. Their preachers in 1956 were Jakob Wipf, chosen in 1921, and Samuel Kleinsasser, chosen in 1939. In 1947 the colony numbered 145 souls with 58 baptized members.

In 2017 the MacMillan Hutterite Colony was a Lehrerleut colony.

Additional Information

Location: Cayley, Alberta (coordinates: 50.423333, -114.048333 [50° 25' 24" N, 114° 02' 54" W])

Address: R.R. 1, Cayley, AB T0L 0P0

Phone: 403-395-2221

Managers and Ministers

Manager Minister Years
Amos L. Entz Sam S. Entz 2015
Amos L. Entz Elias J. Waldner 2017


Author(s) Bert Friesen
Date Published September 2017


Cite This Article

MLA style

Friesen, Bert. "MacMillan Hutterite Colony (Cayley, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 2017. Web. 17 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=MacMillan_Hutterite_Colony_(Cayley,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=154226.

APA style

Friesen, Bert. (September 2017). MacMillan Hutterite Colony (Cayley, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=MacMillan_Hutterite_Colony_(Cayley,_Alberta,_Canada)&oldid=154226.




©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.