Box 279, MacGregor, MB, R0H 0R0. (204) 685-2596. Located one mile west of MacGregor on Hwy. 1. Lay Minister Vic Funk served in 2000 as a congregational leader. In 1965 there were 97 members; in 1975, 106; in 1985, 211; in 1995, 216; in 2000, 174. The congregation has been affiliated with Mennonite Church Manitoba, Conference of Mennonites in Canada / Mennonite Church Canada (1967). The languages of worship are English and German; the transition from German occurred in the 1960s.
The congregation began services in 1950. The first building was occupied in 1951. J.J. Loewen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from rural Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
Hamm, Otto J. "A Mennonite Settlement in Canada: MacGregor." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1955, 19 pp. Mennonite Heritage Centre.
Gerbrandt, Henry. Adventure in Faith. Altona, MB: Bergthaler Mennonite Church of Manitoba, 1970, 379 pp.
Wiebe, John. "A History of the MacGregor Bergthaler Mennonite Church 1950-1981." Research paper, Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminaries, 1982.
"Lest we forget," Paper written for 25th anniversary, 1975?,
Church records at Mennonite Heritage Centre.
|Date Published||February 1989|
 Cite This Article
Epp, Marlene. "MacGregor Bergthaler Mennonite Church (MacGregor, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 27 May 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=MacGregor_Bergthaler_Mennonite_Church_(MacGregor,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=92515.
Epp, Marlene. (February 1989). MacGregor Bergthaler Mennonite Church (MacGregor, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 May 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=MacGregor_Bergthaler_Mennonite_Church_(MacGregor,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=92515.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.