From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:54, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Mabel Memorial Chapel is located three miles (5 km) southeast of Harrisonburg, Virginia. It was built and endowed by Dr. Lucian Heneberger, a naval officer, as a memorial to his wife Mabel who had died many years before the building of the chapel in 1898. The congregation is a branch of the Harrisonburg Presbyterian Church. Moses Wenger, a Mennonite, donated the land for the church, school, and cemetery. This gift likely gave the Mennonites a right to hold services there once a month for the benefit of the Wenger, Good, and Landis families who lived nearby. These services were discontinued in the 1920s.


Author(s) Harry A Brunk
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Brunk, Harry A. "Mabel Memorial Chapel (Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 31 Aug 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mabel_Memorial_Chapel_(Harrisonburg,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=89182.

APA style

Brunk, Harry A. (1957). Mabel Memorial Chapel (Harrisonburg, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 August 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mabel_Memorial_Chapel_(Harrisonburg,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=89182.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 430. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.