From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Luton Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church was founded in February 1941 by about a dozen families emigrating from the dried out areas of Jansen and Henderson, Nebraska, and a few families who came later from Colorado. Church services were held in the larger farm homes for a year; then a modest church was built. Lay members and guest speakers supplied the pulpit until September 1941, when John R. Dick was called as pastor. In 1953 Frank C. Wiens was pastor and the membership was 45.


Author(s) John R Dick
Date Published 1957


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Dick, John R. "Luton Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church (Luton, Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 27 Aug 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Luton_Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Luton,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=89132.

APA style

Dick, John R. (1957). Luton Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church (Luton, Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 August 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Luton_Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Luton,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=89132.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 422. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.