Lustre Bible Academy, located at Lustre, Montana, was an outgrowth of the Lustre Bible School, which was begun in 1928. In 1947-1948 a two-year high-school course was added. In 1948-1949 the Academy was accredited as a regular 4-year high school by the state of Montana. In addition to the high-school curriculum Bible subjects were also taught. In 1954 a new school building with gymnasium was erected. The girls' dormitory, two teacherages, and the old and new school buildings stand on a spacious campus.
The school was located in the heart of this Mennonite area, with the Mennonite Brethren Church of Lustre, the Bethel Mennonite Church, and the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church, all within two or three miles of the Academy, and drew its support completely from the interested local Mennonite constituency. Leo Goertzel was principal from about 1947 with three additional teachers on the staff. The enrollment for 1954-1955 was 40-45.
The school became known as Lustre Christian High School in 1978.
|Author(s)||Henry P Wiebe|
 Cite This Article
Wiebe, Henry P. "Lustre Bible Academy (Lustre, Montana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 1 Mar 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lustre_Bible_Academy_(Lustre,_Montana,_USA)&oldid=114410.
Wiebe, Henry P. (1957). Lustre Bible Academy (Lustre, Montana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 March 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lustre_Bible_Academy_(Lustre,_Montana,_USA)&oldid=114410.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.