Revision as of 19:28, 28 March 2014 by SamSteiner (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search


Lost Creek Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), in the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, is located one mile (1.6 km.) south of Oakland Mills, Juniata County, Pennsylvania. Mennonite families named Musser, Sherck, Shellenberger, and Funk moved into this locality in the late 18th century and by 1819 had a log meetinghouse for worship and school. After a few enlargements a new brick structure was built in 1869. A large old cemetery adjoins the church. This was the home congregation of Bishop Jacob Graybill, and preachers Michael Funk, Christian Auker, Henry Shelley, Samuel Gehman Sr. and Jr., Jacob Kurtz, William Graybill, and William Sieber. Sunday school was opened in 1891. The congregation is a part of the Delaware Circuit. The membership in 1958 was 97, with Raymond Lauver as minister.

Additional Information

Address: 2682 Long Road, Mifflintown, PA 17059

Phone: (717)463-2258


Denominational Affiliations: Lancaster Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Map:Lost Creek Mennonite Church (Mifflintown, Pennsylvania, USA)

Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Lost Creek Mennonite Church (Mifflintown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 27 Nov 2015.,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116824.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Lost Creek Mennonite Church (Mifflintown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 November 2015, from,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=116824.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1103. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.

©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.