From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:24, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Longdale Mennonite (General Conference Mennonite Church) Mission Church is located one-half mile (.8 kilometre) southwest of Longdale, Blaine County, Oklahoma, and seven miles (11.2 kilometers) north of Canton. The Cheyennes living in this district formerly attended church at Cantonment. The Cantonment church was taken down, rebuilt near Longdale, and dedicated on 19 December 1926. The work of Longdale was in charge of the missionaries G. A. Linscheid (1926-1938) and Benno Toews (1938-1940) from Cantonment, Arthur Friesen (1940-1947), and Alfred Wiebe (1947-?). For church membership see Fonda.


Author(s) Alfred Wiebe
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Wiebe, Alfred. "Longdale Mennonite Mission Church (Longdale, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 17 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Longdale_Mennonite_Mission_Church_(Longdale,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=83338.

APA style

Wiebe, Alfred. (1957). Longdale Mennonite Mission Church (Longdale, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Longdale_Mennonite_Mission_Church_(Longdale,_Oklahoma,_USA)&oldid=83338.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 389. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.