Revision as of 19:24, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Logsden Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), one mile (1.6 km.) west of Logsden, Oregon, was established as a mission by the Sheridan Mennonite Church in 1950. Five years later the Albany church took charge of the Logsden congregation and in July 1956 it was organized as a church, with 19 charter members. Located in a logging community, where there is a large turnover of population, church membership has fluctuated, but in 1959 there were 41 members of whom 18 were no longer living in the community. Eugene Lemons was serving as the licensed pastor of the congregation.

Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Logsden Mennonite Church (Logsden, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 5 Oct 2015.,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=83324.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Logsden Mennonite Church (Logsden, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 5 October 2015, from,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=83324.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1103. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.

©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.