Lindal Mennonite Brethren Mission, located near Morden, Manitoba, began as a result of work done by students of the Winkler Bible School. In 1935 H. S. Voth baptized 32 persons and in 1938, 10. Soon after this a mission church was organized under the Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba. J. P. Braun supervised this church for six years in addition to his ministry at the Morden Mennonite Brethren Church. A small church building was erected in 1939. The church membership represented various nationalities —Polish, English, German, etc. J. Kehler served as minister for five years. A number of the members later moved to other places so that in 1954 the membership was nine; Wilmer Kornelsen was the pastor. The language of worship was English. The church is located 7 miles west and 8 miles south of Morden.
Home missionaries salaried by Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba were Jake H. Kehler, Wilmer Kornelson, Peter Penner, and Joe Wiebe. In 1950 there were 9 members; in 1965, 25. The congregation dissolved in 1966.
Penner, Peter. No Longer at Arm's Length: Mennonite Brethren Church Planting in Canada. Winnipeg, MB: Kindred Press, 1987: 21, 32, 55-6, 58-9, 61, 90, 127, 150.
|Author(s)||H. H. Redekop|
|Date Published||February 1989|
 Cite This Article
Redekop, H. H. and Marlene Epp. "Lindal Mennonite Brethren Mission (Lindal, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 29 Apr 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lindal_Mennonite_Brethren_Mission_(Lindal,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=89020.
Redekop, H. H. and Marlene Epp. (February 1989). Lindal Mennonite Brethren Mission (Lindal, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 April 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lindal_Mennonite_Brethren_Mission_(Lindal,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=89020.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.