San Jose Mennonite Brethren Church, located at 1195 Clark St., in San Jose, California, 45 miles from San Francisco, was organized on 20 October 1940, with 20 charter members. Five pastors had served the congregation up until the late 1950s: D. J. Gerbrandt, J. J. Gerbrandt, A. Nickel, J. K. Warkentin, and William Neufeld. The congregation has used five places of worship. It began in a small Legion Hall until a small building on Montgomery Street could be purchased. Later a larger building was secured on Delmas Street. After this building was sold and until the present church was built (1951), the congregation met in Germania Hall. The membership in 1957 was 365.
The church later changed their name, first to Lincoln Glen Mennonite Brethren Church, and eventually to Lincoln Glen Church.
Address: 2700 Booksin Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125
Website: Lincoln Glen Church
Cite This Article
Neufeld, William. "Lincoln Glen Church (San Jose, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 31 Jan 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lincoln_Glen_Church_(San_Jose,_California,_USA)&oldid=116068.
Neufeld, William. (1959). Lincoln Glen Church (San Jose, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 January 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lincoln_Glen_Church_(San_Jose,_California,_USA)&oldid=116068.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.