From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:13, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

First Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located in Lima, Allen County, Ohio, was organized 1 October 1935 as a mission. It was a member of the Middle District Conference (later Central District Conference). The meetinghouse, erected in 1936, was a brick structure with a seating capacity of 125. The membership in 1955 was 76; the pastor was Sylvan Lehman.

In 1995 First Mennonite Church merged with the Northside Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) to form the Lima Mennonite Church. The new congregation operated at the former Northside location.


Author(s) Sylvan Lehman
Sam Steiner
Date Published February 2008


Cite This Article

MLA style

Lehman, Sylvan and Sam Steiner. "Lima Mennonite Church (Lima, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2008. Web. 29 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lima_Mennonite_Church_(Lima,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=80817.

APA style

Lehman, Sylvan and Sam Steiner. (February 2008). Lima Mennonite Church (Lima, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Lima_Mennonite_Church_(Lima,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=80817.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 346. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.